Year 4 - Elm 2020 - 2021
Welcome to Elm Class!
Class Teacher: Miss Cadwallader
Teaching Assistants: Mrs K Crawford, Mrs K Kirwin
Hello and welcome back Elm Class. I am so excited to be teaching you again this year.
In our class Miss Cadwallader and Miss (Associate Teacher) will be teaching us. Mr Clayton will be working with us every Wednesday.
Escape from Pompeii
This half term, we will be focusing on the book 'Escape from Pompeii' which follows the story of Tranio, an actor's son, and his friend Livia, the baker's daughter, as they witness the destruction of their beloved city.
PE this term will be on Tuesday. Sessions will be with our dance coach from Cheshire Dance. Children should come into school in their PE kits.
Mathletics and spelling homework will be set every Friday.
As mathematicians we are learning to…
As writers we are learning to…
- Variety of verb forms used correctly and consistently including the progressive and the present perfect forms
- Use Standard English for verb inflections
- Organise paragraphs around a theme (using fronted adverbial to introduce or connect paragraphs)
- Use and punctuate direct speech (using dialogue to show the relationship between characters)
- Use conjunctions, adverbs and prepositions to express time, place and cause
- Create characters, settings and plot in narrative
- Group related ideas into paragraphs.
Don’t forget to check Twitter @KelsallSchool to see what we are getting up to!
Files to Download
Year 4 - Elm: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 4 - Elm: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 4 - Elm: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 4 - Elm: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display