Year 4 - Elm 2019 - 2020
Welcome to Elm Class!
Class Teacher: Mrs White
Teaching Assistant: Mrs C Watson
Hello and welcome to Elm class.
In our class Mrs White, Miss Lowe (Associate Teacher) and Mrs Watson will be teaching us. Mr Clayton will be working with us every Monday.
Little People, Big Dreams
This year, the Little People, Big Dreams books will be the inspiration for our curriculum. This series of books tell the inspirational stories of ordinary people who achieved something amazing, often overcoming personal adversity along the way.
This term we will be looking at:
The texts we will use in Literacy this term will also inspire our Geography, History and STEAM. We will learn about how volcanoes and earthquakes are formed, the impact of the Romans in Britain and make our own erupting volcanoes and escape rafts!
As mathematicians we are learning to…
- Recall and use multiplication and division facts for multiplication tables up to 12 × 12
- Recognise and use factor pairs and commutativity in mental calculations.
- Multiply two digit and three-digit numbers by a one-digit number using formal written layout.
- Recognise and show, using diagrams, families of common equivalent fractions.
- Count up and down in hundredths
- Solve problems involving increasingly harder fractions to calculate quantities,
- Add and subtract fractions with the same denominator.
As writers we are learning to…
- Use a variety of verb forms correctly and consistently including the progressive and the present perfect forms
- Use Standard English for verb inflections
- Organise paragraphs around a theme (using fronted adverbial to introduce or connect paragraphs)
- Use and punctuate direct speech (using dialogue to show the relationship between characters.
- Expand noun phrases by the addition of modifying adjectives, nouns and prepositional phrases.
- Choose nouns or pronouns appropriately for clarity and cohesion and to avoid repetition
Don’t forget to check Twitter @KelsallSchool to see what we are getting up to!***
Files to Download
Year 4 - Elm: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 4 - Elm: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 4 - Elm: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 4 - Elm: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display